What Does ABATE Stand For?
- Utility rates should be based upon a utility’s cost of providing service to each class.
- A cost of service allocation methodology should emphasize the cost of providing service at a utility’s time of peak demand and not overall energy consumption in order to avoid costly new generation.
- Utility customers should be given the proper price signals to allow them to understand that consumption will have a different cost during certain times in the day and season.
- Utilities should be given the opportunity to earn a fair rate of return.
- Policies must be developed that will promote reliability of supply and safety.
- Any existing rates subsidies should be eliminated.
Photo provided by Seaskylab